Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Imagine Accepting the Truth"

I know! I know I once more have created a huge expectation in revealing the answer (ha haha). Are you ready? Well, I think the problem simply lies on the exponential growth of the population. Back in the day the population was such that in my opinion distributing ideas was easier. People liked radical ideas, hence all the revolutions and the changes in intellectual, scientific, philosophic, etc. statuses quo. Now I know that without citing Saint John's Pitas 1998 work I have no credibility. But the problem is so clear that I refuse to even investigate if anyone suggest something similar as I am (which at the same time proves the very post...you'll get it eventually).
I want to claim all of what I say in this very post as my original idea, of course influenced on information that I acquired else where and experience. Moving back to the point, I think the problem nowadays is that many people come up with "ideas" to solve the world's problems. Now my theory breaks down in three premises:
1. So many people coming up with ideas that there is no unity no agreement. That is intellectual purpose has been decentralized way too much.
2. As a result of decentralization the creation of new ideas is mediocre, because it keeps building on the same. Furthermore it addresses by adopting mostly one position whatever this may be. You name it!
3. Double standards or single standards, as Noam Chomsky refers quoting Adam Smith's definition "all for me, nothing for everyone else," is a prevailing way of operating in this world. That is because in reality humans are unreasonable to some extent... that is because we are animals and according to Ken Wilber, science tells us no value so with that in mind we are also fundamentally nor good or bad... just animals with no value that in the end skews towards pursuing our own interest.

Ok that got a little wild. I guess the resolution to all this is also easy. What the world needs is some sort of society of intellectuals of all disciplines to consolidate and give the general public advice. If you think about it, change is very unlikely if one person here and one person there try to make a difference. All they can achieve probably is to raise good questions, and have people wonder about important issues. The final result it is sadly that the vast majority of people goes to bed and wake up next morning in happy systematic world.

As right now my ultimate desire in this life is to start up such united, influential community. Any interest? Because I think the time has come to raise the pen and fight for true justice again! Screw politics the tell you want you want to hear, but do what they want.

No comments: