Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Years

Oh those good days! I remember when I was a first year. Everything was different, everyone tried to be cool, or at least pretend to be cool. I analyzed freshman's attitude this past Saturday during their move in day they are actually annoying me. I felt that this year it the way they exteriorized their coolness was too much. I was sat down for a few hours telling people what an RCR is and where to get their access cards. It was frustrating to tell 100+ students to go to the desk down the hallway to pick up their fobs, because the vast majority did not get that they had to walk to the next desk. No sir, they rather walked to the person next to me to ask them where should I go. So my point can be stated in the most general form as follows: how can they be so cool when they can't listen-process information. In other words how come you want to give a good impression when you are acting stupid. I mean being stupid is of course not cool. Anyway, please not that I am abiding by the general theory of assumptions. That is, I am not saying all freshman acted (act and will act) in a dualistic(dumb and cool) manner there are ones whose vibe was very retrospective and rather inspiring... out of ideas...

No comments: