Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trapped

I was working Downtown the other day and when it was time to drop mail in the Investors building I decided to explore the Skyway system a little bit. I was by the Gaviidae commons and I decided that I needed to shake hands with my tool... if you know what I mean.

I knew exactly where the bathroom was, but that specific day the escalator was broken so I headed to the elevator. In a desperate and rather anxious reaction I decided to take the stairway. What could happen is just one floor. I got to the double stairway and made my way up. SURPRISE MISMO!!! There is not access to any of the other floors. I panicked and started to try several floors jumping back and forward from stairway A to B. I was sweeting. I loosen my Ferragamo tie and I pull out my cell phone. Who can I call to get me out of this situation? I mean I am supposed to be working and now I am trapped. How am I going to explain this to my supervisor. Hey Ahmed, I wanted to take a leak and got trapped in the Gaviidae commons stairway. Ahmmm could you send Dan to let me in... No that does not make sense. I know call 911, Hi my name is Luis Monterrubio and I am trapped... No I don' even know how to describe well how to get here... Bollocks!!! If only this god damn place had signs warning the lack of accessibility to other floors through the stairway. A moment of enlightenment toll me to that I could either try all the way down or all the way up. Since I was already experiencing some claustrophobia I headed to the bottom. I ran like the wind with cell phone on hand and 911 on the display. I could not believe it! I was out and I had never felt so free in my life before.


Moral of the story: You can have adventures at work...

No comments: