Monday, October 13, 2008

Technology is actually great!

Lately I have been complaining about technology being one of the main causes of our society decadence. It also true that, if we used technology for more productive purposes, we will be living a much better world. You might ask yourself what are you talking about Mismo? For what I'd reply: well just think about all the damn time you spend surfing through pointless websites on the net. Or better yet how much time you spent creeping on other people's profiles on Facebook or whatever. Let me ask you one thing: Have you used internet to learn something on a regular basis? Oh and reading the news is all right, but it is not what I mean.
I have and people do not seem to like that idea. I have shared this approach with many people and no one seems to believe in technology. The reason for this is because they see technology mainly as means of entertainment and not self study.

Anyway, I could go on forever. Today I was very shocked at how technology could be used very positively. I am working on a research project for my Keystone class (Eco 490). I decided to use some lit by Dr. Stephen Bezruchka. Last night I decided to write Dr.Bezruchka to ask for guidance in my project, and contrarily to what I expected I got a response from him pointing me towards some good resources. It meant a lot to me, because I proved myself that technology actually does some good in this world. I am going to try to contact some other renown academicians and see how many reply to my message.

Special thanks to Dr. Bezruchka wherever he is... possibly Washington
-il Meme

No comments: