Friday, October 10, 2008

Too premature

That's how I would describe post modern life in two simple words.
Most things nowadays are rushed it seems that everything has to be started at, in my point of view, an irrational time. .
Kids start smoking,drinking, and having sex too early
If you don't get work experience before graduating from college or grad school you can't get a good job. I mean is in it school supposed to make me a knowledgeable individual so then I can apply that when I graduate. Ok it is cool if you have the chance to get some experience while attending school. However, this should be the exception and not the norm. Plus, I feel that now everyone is taking advantage of that internship term to disguise positions. That is, they call it internship and it is really not that great, or not an internship at all. Like being a sales clerk... not an internship. You can go to the Augpost and check all this ridiculous positions listed as internships. This is the message I get. Yeah lets call it internship, lets have it be unpaid, we'll fire the person currently doing that, and we'll get a stupid college student to fill up the position.

Moral of the story this world is messed up. It is all out fault because we all try to be better off by doing more, but really we just make it worse. This can be better explained with the so known notion of smart for one dumb for all. I have to remark that yeah... the invisible hand and free markets is an awesome concept, but it has to have a threshold where returns to scale actually become negative after crossing such a point... Ok Mismo but tell us your sources...
Sure, I am my own source and so are you. It is just a matter of looking internally and realizing that life as it is right now is so systematic, and premature. Anyway, my ideas might not be welcomed anywhere, and that's exactly what I want. That is a fundamental characteristic of ideas that have lead to a major change in the world.

-Le Mismo

No comments: