Friday, October 17, 2008

Nuruddin Farah's visit

Well its done it finally happened. The great Somali Novelist was in Auggie Ville this past Tuesday and Wednesday. To be honest I was expecting a much different vibe from the event. Don't get me wrong I loved having him read and answer people's questions. I guess I was expecting to see the same Nuruddin I saw in the BBC documentary of a decade plus ago. I realized that thinkers change and evolute way too much throughout their life. Maybe, I was expecting to revive that old feeling with some young enthusiasm. He did say a handful of remarkable things one that caught my attention the most was: "When I knew little I thought I knew a lot." )I'll get back to this quote some other time). In any case (ha haha) He was still awesome and I am sure everyone there took something positive home.

No comments: