Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Immigrant status

I did not realized how hard it is for n international student to get a job in the real world until I attended the job fair.
Yesterday many Employers of the TC gathered at MSP convention center to give students from MN private colleges a shot for an interview, a possible internship, or a full time job.
I was exited at first, because I thought there will be many opportunities for me. Unfortunately, my expectations were lowered down to the ground when I discovered that many of the employers wouldn't hired me because of my immigrant status.
To be honest I was kinda angry because I made some research for companies and talk to them only to hear "thanks, but no thanks."
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! FTS. However I did end up getting an interview with a company and I think that it went pretty well.
My only advice (for intl students) is to make some research about whether or not certain employers would sponsor you if you are on a F-1 visa.

No comments: