Monday, February 25, 2008

Deep thoughts

In a previous entry I mentioned that the system is failing to include all of us. I feel that I should dedicate more time to explain my point. History proves that man has been repressed by himself since ancestral times. The man has always tried to have control over everything possible. Empires have risen and eventually fallen. Every single one of them has repressed a section of the population, namely the poor and uneducated. Looking back to more recent years where the world is supposed to be progressing a lot because of globalization I find no real change in the overall society.
Some could and will argue that there's been a lot of progress due to globalization. However, it is clear that the people who defend such statements are people that get benefit the most. In all my life I have not heard anyone from an alienated community bragging about the wonders of globalization. Actually is all the way around, I had heard of people who have been arrested because they were defending their land against the local government because they wanted to expropriate their land to open a Wall Mart.
I know that sometimes we realized that the world that we living is not optimal for all humans. We see ourselves making a change, we might even do volunteer work, or donate money to charity. I don't think that we the average individuals have a substantial impact on the world's well fare. I think big enterprises and companies are the ones who pushed us to where we are now. It is all about profits and making more money at some other's expenses. Some times we are not ok with it and we wish something could be done to contra rest the abuse, but we are so sucked up in the system that is impossible to break away.
Are we doomed to live like this forever until the end of the days?
How far are the income gaps between social classes will be in 10, 15 years?
Has the American dream completely disappeared?

No comments: