Thursday, June 12, 2008

Basis to a new way of thinking

As promised a long time ago here is a bit of my work:

Circumstances vary which alters our existence in unimaginable ways.

First of all let me expose the basis of my own philosophical movement which adds to the existentialism of Sartre. I feel that the biggest problem of our society is that very few people are coming up with new ways of redefining what has already been defined. Fewer people are creating their own school of thought. Everything has been commercialized, even academia. There is no space for the few persons that have original ideas to expose them, because they get snubbed by society because they don't have the proper credentials. Moreover, the society in every corner of the world is turning its existence into something merely fake. Everything is about who has the "most" power over material resources when in reality people should be fighting over who gives the most meaning to their life by using money as a mean and not as an end. People have been heavily tricked by corporations during the last 50 years (Side note: When I wrote this I did not even know About Edward Bernays. Now I am absolutely sure of this fact).

My hypothesis is that since the death of Jean Paul Sartre there has not been a go to intellectual that criticizes politics from the basis of human existence. Of course I am not neglecting the work of persons like Chomsky that have a more objective purpose in their work. I am rather suggesting that intellectual agenda has switch more to the political side leaving the study of existence behind. If I am wrong, then can someone tell me who is re-associating the ideas of past philosophers, developing new ones, and making a reconciliation with the current structure of our society? All we hear from our intellectuals is how governments and corporations are destroying the world. While other Academics become the ultimate scholars in lets say Proust(or whoever they choose).

What do you think?

No comments: