Monday, January 28, 2008

Pol(itics)emics

It seems that the eternal fight between the people and the people that governs them is a non-ending story. Last semester articles in the Echo really demanded and answer from the administration. I agree with President Paul Pribbenow when he says that it is not adecuate to address issues on the student news paper. On other hand I feel that administration should of release a letter or something answering back (of course without addressing to the Echo in specific but to the students and faculty). On the other (other) hand, I feel some of the Echo writers are taking a really childish position around all this controversy (So is the administration).

(The voice of Paco Jones an Augsburg Student)
But Mismo what do you propose? You should propose something if you disagree with the current protocols.

Mismo responds.

My idea is that if both parties are not happy with the way issues are addressed around campus, they should meet in a public debate where every person involved in Augsburg’s’ daily operations is invited to take a chair and a stand of the situation. Maybe talking rather than writing back and forward will make the process of obtaining answers faster. I mean at the end we are all in a fairly small campus.





PS. I also agree that sometimes people have to do their homework before they can jump to conclusions and that includes me. However, I am not as serious as others around here.

No comments: