Sunday, July 27, 2008

You have "friends" I have Ideas

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-George Bernard Shaw

I think this pretty much answers a question previously posted in this blog. The question in hand was:

Do people change palaces, or do places change people?



On the one hand, Bernard's definition, I think a man has already acquire the use of reason. On the other hand, Sartre's definition says a man's radical freedom allows him to choose constantly what to do of himself. Lately I been thinking that it is up to a man or a woman to control their circumstances. That is knowing that present circumstances are impossible to modify, but that acting in the present will have an impact upon future circumstances. If you think you feel that freedom is a burden then I think you are letting circumstances dominate your radical freedom, thus making change impossible. In my philosophy of circumstantial existentialism I call that living inside systematic circumstances.

How do you live your life?

No comments: