Friday, July 11, 2008

Ahh I don't think so

I hate when individuals are assessing art pieces and they go " Why is this in a museum? I myself could do it so much better." I heard this a couple of times, the one I recall the most was after I showed some of Dan Perjovski's work in the NYC MOMA. The person who's name I am not going to mention (but I should)... well she basically told me that anyone could do that, even her. Ha haha what a stupid comment. It is the most ignorant shit anyone can say. It is not about whether or not you can or have the skills to do it, it is about the creativeness involved with it. If you are really that good, why didn't you come up with it? Ahhh you are not so fucking smart anymore are you? Instead of being jealous at some one like Perjovski, because he makes of something simple an incredible art why don't you shut the fuck up and appreciate the art. Seriously, if you don't much about art then just give positive comment. It might not be the greatest critique comment but like My man men Maynard Keynes said "I would rather be vaguely right, than precisely wrong." Now knock yourself out with this...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this stuff is really funny! (meaning the art, not the post... :))

Anonymous said...

you guys are still young, when you'll get older and you'll learn life, you'll know that such so- called artists like Perjovski are just con artists, taking folkloric, tired and rusted jokes and making a big fuss, nothing original or skillful, no mastery, just blah... while really gifted artists, with a vision, and something that is worth to be shared are dying invisible. Fools!

Mismo's blogg show said...

Mr. Anonymous #2

I still believe that the creativeness is a fundamental part of art. Skills, mastery and all those things you talk about are a plus... Creativeness is why Picasso, Marcel Duchamp, and Miro could get away with doing something simple and calling it Art
While I disagree with your point of view, I respect it.