Thursday, December 6, 2007

The story continues

Hi there,

I am wondering if I should not write quite as much. I guess it gets harder and harder to follow this with all the final papers, projects and Cumulative tests coming up. Anyway, I would like to continue with what I started.
I think the other controversial issues that have happened during the semester are:
1. The Augsburg for adults debate
2. Administration recent actions regarding Staff morale

To make it quick, the first one I still think it was the most stupid thing student body could ever spend time on. Especially now that Augsburg Weekend College admissions house put out a sign that reads “Welcome Augsburg for Adults.” To be frank, honest, straight, sincere, realistic, etc. I work for them and I followed the whole debate process since it started. (Plus I happen to randomly talk to Alex (Student body VP) right before the meeting where they expose the issue. I strongly believe that Augsburg College students deserve much better Leadership elite that does not waste time in things like that. I mean if they really wanted to do something meaningful they would protest against the recent actions taken by the administration (and with this I move on).
I understand that when administration of an entity whatever this may be, there are changes some drastic and some not. I really don’t know what the stand point is to fire someone that has been working for the institution for such a long time – maybe is time for this person to move on (or maybe not as many of people on campus may argue). I think student come and go every four or five year depending on their majors or if they transfer, but what it is damn sure is that there is some sort of tradition implied in the College lifestyle of its faculty and staff. This tradition is threatened when things like this happen and it may cause irreversible consequences for the remaining staff at least in the psychological level. What are the incentives to work hard for an institution and dedicate most of your life to make it a better place when you know you might be terminated as fast as lightening hits the ground? If you ask me there are none.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about kareena kapoor.
Regards http://achirocks.blogspot.co.uk/2008/01/proverbs-from-mahatma-gandhi.html

Here is my weblog ... adult ear infections (http://achirocks.blogspot.co.uk/)