Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Real Mexican Story

I gotta admit that after being far away from my country and more secifically from my home town (city)I got a huge cultural shock. I found myself in a situation where I have to deal with that horrible feeling of guilty. I don't know what I am guilty for. I mean I am not the one who is responsible for all the shit that's going on in here. However, I still manage to feel guilty and that is because I think I been spending money in an obnoxious way. This makes me feel sick because when I look at the bunch of people working out on the streets of Mexico City, I realize that I just bought a $100 shirt, which is 20 times as much as these people get a month. These has been bugging me since I got here. In addition, I also perceibe that Mexican culture is becoming highly commercial. By commercial y mean that it is really sad to see that a lot of people go in debt in order to get the Christmas presents so they can be happy for a little while. I am overwhelmed by the porwer of the corporations and how they are turning people into mindless and slef-center robot who onky care about Money.

No comments: