Monday, November 17, 2008

St Thomas is't any better...

The past week I shared my interest in applying for the UST MBA and everything was going great until today. For some strange reason UST MBA admissions wants me to prove funding for the program before even admitting me. That, they say is because they cannot issue me an I-20 before I prove sufficient money to cover the expenses of the program. But that is so IRRATIONAL. Why in the name would I have to worry about all of that before even getting any admissions info from them? How am I supposed to plan my financial stuff without knowing any information about possible scholarships? In my opinion their process is highly unfriendly and puts in disadvantage international applicants. In any case I am absolutely pissed at the fact that I tried to turn all my materials of the true application on time only to be bumped back to the next dead line(well tried because I got let down by other people). The reason? Materials that should not be part of this face of the admission process. What can I expect from the program if the very first steps make no sense? Maybe they should revise their strategic and operational planning because this one is fundamentally bias. Augsburg may not be that great in comparison to other ACTC schools, but one thing is damn sure. They got their international admissions process straight!

1 comment:

Cabbage Wabbage said...

Yes. I agree. When my sister applied for grad school they forgot to tell her the first step that needs to be done before enrolling, which is to turn in a bank draft that shows her ability to pay off the education. This was a month into school. She had to beg for money from all types of sources in less than one month.
Note this was after they orally announced that she was accepted into the program.
Sad how things are never what they seem. =(
But she is enjoying herself in the school now. So, don't lose hope with grad school!