Monday, November 3, 2008

95 Theses... also more of the same

With this being my fourth year of exposure to Augsburg students' 95 theses, I have to say that much of it sound like and old song to me.
People keep complaining about the food service (even with the advent of the new company). While this might be because of Aviand's is implementing a trial and error strategy to stabilize their business here, it seems that many of the complains are about overpricing and poor customer service. In the past I have openly attacked Aviand's because I really do not like their business. I want to make clear this time that it is the management who I don't like. The workers are really nice and I have nothing against them at all. It is management that is crashing the boat. As Donnie said in "The Echo" the food is not that much greater than Suckdexo, but it is indeed way more expensive. I actually loved my food to taste good and to fill me up at the price of a little more grease on it. Actually, I was thinking that it was our own fault that Aviand's took over. We let our student government to decide what was good for us. All because they want to be more sustainable and healthy. Bullocks! I do not like green extremists at school... I think that their intentions are cool, but that Augsburg is not really going to start a domino effect in Greener policy in other campuses. Actually, I think green people here have failed to address a bigger source of pollution which is not separating recyclables in Mort. At least not as much as in other buildings, because Mort does not have recycling containers in each floor and with only one elevator working it is highly unlikely that people up there are willing to make a trip to the bottom just to toss their trash appropriately... but who am I to critic, right?

No comments: