Friday, April 18, 2008

Traditions and trends

There is one aspect of human life that caughts my attention on a regular basis. Traditions, what do they really mean? What happens when a tradition dies? Is it good to recycle old traditions? In my perspective, I would have to say "it depends." I mean there are stupid traditions "such as like"(ha haha) the masonic tradition of walking at the pase of minus 10mph in order to put a stinking flag in the front the meeting room. However, I don't know if that is practiced here in the US. In Mexico they do at the beginning of their celebrations, and believe me it is annoying. Lets talk about cool traditions... well I guess one cool trend which I am positive will become a tradition is the use of cellphones at concerts. It is environmentally friendly, since reduces the emissions of its predecessor, the lighter. Now lets talk about traditions that are dying, getting together to have a nice chat is no longer what it used to be. In my life span I have noticed that people are not as friendly as they were 10, 15 years ago. "[I]Ask why?"(Asshole(ok another personal gag, I offer a prize of 5 bucks if someone gets it... and posts it back)). I think the short response is technology... the broader answer is that everyone is trying to be so cool that instead to committing to a solid purpose, so we end up committing to do more than we can manage. On top of that we don't admit that we are humans and we have a top capacity, so we are arrogant and tell ourselves I can manage that and more... Well ask me about my multi overlapped appointments of this week. Then ask me, How are you feeling? Mism0's response... "sick and tire of being sick and tired"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.