Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Brutal honesty!

You might be aware that I have raised questions about the green movement here on campus.Well I have to speak up again. It just really bugs me that it is receiving so much marketing. The most recent Augsburg Now issue is almost entirely devoted to the green initiatives on campus. I think it is bs to give such a weight to it. Why? Because this campus wastes so much energy and water. Furthermore, there are a ton of dorm rooms where there are water leakages. Who is doing anything about that? I mean it is extremely easy to get everyone on the hook to subsidize the wind energy and the hybrid security car. I believe that this hole green gag it is just a hippie trend to try to be avant garde. There are no efforts to address old issues like the ones I mentioned above. I don't want to be mean but you could do more than just do the trendy cool things. Why doesn't someone works on having the school fix some of the heating and colling systems that waste so much energy year to year?
Mismo why don't you do it?
Easy, I am not bragging about how coll the college is because its green initiatives.

1 comment:

Mnemosyne said...

I actually agree with you. The kitschy nature of how Augsburg goes about promoting "being green" sometimes gets on my nerves. I mean, gets on my nerves ALL the time. It's like Augsburg focuses on one or two things it thinks it does well (even though it does it only so-so-well--other campuses are much better at it), and then, for the most part, ignores the other things students and faculty are doing.