Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Going through old files


I was just making a cybertrip through time and I saw some new comments on past posts. One that caught my attention in specific was some anonymous person complaining about artist like Dan Perjovski because they make (abu)use of current jokes to make simple and according to the him/her unskilled art. I disagree with this view because as I pointed out back then, it is not the ultimately technique or skill of the piece that matters. It is its idea and the concept is delivering. Many times being overly complex and abundant is not the answer. Sometime keeping it simple is far more effective.
On top of that Artist criticize and analyze the contemporaneous society which is a fundamental part of the way intelligentsia is capturing any given point in time.

No comments: